Taking a break
We're taking a break moving shop and hope to be back soon. We hope to start shipping orders in Nov 2018.
Thermocouples are very sensitive, requiring a good amplifier with a cold-compensation reference. We have a couple digital thermocouple amplifiers in the shop already from Maxim. Now we're happy to introduce an excellent analog-output amplifier. This is a very simple sensor to use, and if your microcontroller has analog input capability, you'll be ready to go really fast!
The AD8495 K-type thermocouple amplifier from Analog Devices is so easy to use, we documented the whole thing on the back of the tiny PCB. Power the board with 3-18VDC and measure the output voltage on the OUT pin. You can easily convert the voltage to temperature with the following equation: Temperature = (Vout - 1.25) / 0.005 V. So for example, if the voltage is 1.5VDC, the temperature is (1.5 - 1.25) / 0.005 = 60°C
Each order comes with a 2 pin terminal block (for connecting to the thermocouple), a fully assembled PCB with the AD8495 + TLVH125 precision voltage reference, and pin header (to plug into any breadboard or perfboard). Goes great with our 1m K-type thermocouple (not included). Not for use with any other kind of thermocouple, K type only!
- Works with any K type thermocouple
- Will not work with any other kind of thermocouple other than K type
- Easy to use analog output
- Temp range with 5V power: -250°C to +750°C output (0 to 5VDC)
- Temp range with 3.3V power: -250°C to +410°C output (0 to 3.3VDC)
- AD8495 Datasheet
- Sensing Accuracy Range: ± 1 °C around room temperature, ± 2°C for ˆ’25°C to +400°C
- Sensing Temperature Max: 400 °C
- Sensing Temperature Min: -25 °C
- Supply Voltage: 3-18VDC
- 20mm x 16mm x 2mm / 0.8" x 0.6" x 0.08"
- Weight: 1.1g
Analog Output K-Type Thermocouple Amplifier - AD8495 (Breakout) 
- Brand: Adafruit
- Product Code: ADA-1778
- Reward Points: 13
- Availability: 2
- Ex Tax: £12.59
- Price in reward points: 200