Taking a break
We're taking a break and will be back soon. We will ship orders on 2017-07-03.
This lovely little display breakout is the best way to add a small, colourful and bright display to any project. Since the display uses 4-wire SPI to communicate and has its own pixel-addressable frame buffer, it can be used with every kind of microcontroller. Even a very small one with low memory and few pins available!
The 1.44" display has 128x128 colour pixels. Unlike the low cost "Nokia 6110" and similar LCD displays, which are CSTN type and thus have poor colour and slow refresh, this display is a true TFT! The TFT driver (ST7735R) can display full 16-bit colour using our library code.
The breakout has the TFT display soldered on (it uses a delicate flex-circuit connector) as well as a ultra-low-dropout 3.3V regulator and a 3/5V level shifter so you can use it with 3.3V or 5V power and logic. We also had a little space so we placed a microSD card holder so you can easily load full colour bitmaps from a FAT16/FAT32 formatted microSD card. The microSD card is not included.
Of course, we wouldn't just leave you with a datasheet and a "good luck!" - we've written a full open source graphics library that can draw pixels, lines, rectangles, circles, text and bitmaps as well as example code and a wiring tutorial. The code is written for Arduino but can be easily ported to your favorite microcontroller!
- 1.44" diagonal LCD TFT display
- 128x128 resolution, 18-bit (262,144) colour
- 4 or 5 wire SPI digital interface
- Built-in microSD slot - uses 2 more digital lines
- 5V compatible! Use with 3.3V or 5V logic
- Onboard 3.3V @ 150mA LDO regulator
- 1 white LED backlight, transistor connected so you can PWM dim the backlight
- 1x10 header for easy breadboarding
- 4 x 0.9"/2mm mounting holes in corners
- Overall dimensions: 33m x 45mm x 7mm / 1.3" x 1.8" x 0.3"
- Mounting Holes: 36mm x 36mm / 1.4" x 1.4"
- Weight: 10.6g
- Current draw is based on LED backlight usage: with full backlight draw is ~25mA
Animated Snake Eyes Bonnet for Raspberry Pi The world's most esoteric Pi accessory?
Purple People Eater Build a one eyed, one horned, flying purple people eater!
Electronic Animated Eyes using Teensy 3.1/3.2 Ride the express bus to the Uncanny Valley
Animated Scrolling "Mario Clouds" TFT Jewelry The peaceful background of your favorite game, now for you to wear
Adafruit 1.44" Colour TFT with Micro SD Socket
1.44" TFT Display with 128x128 colour Pixels
TFT 1.44" LCD Colour Display with MicroSD Card Breakout [ST7735R] 
- Brand: Adafruit
- Product Code: ADA-2088
- Reward Points: 16
- Availability: 2
- Ex Tax: £16.95
- Price in reward points: 200