Taking a break
We're taking a break moving shop and hope to be back soon. We will ship orders on 2018-07-25.
7 inch Capacitive Touch Screen LCD, HDMI interface, supports various systems
- 800x480 high resolution
- Capacitive touch control
- Supports Raspberry Pi
- Supports Banana Pi / Banana Pro, comes with Lubuntu, Raspbian images
- Supports BB Black, comes with Angstrom image
- For other mini-PCs, driver is required and should be developed by users
- Not only for mini-PCs, it can work as a computer monitor just like any other general HDMI screen
- HDMI interface for displaying, USB interface for touch control
- Back light control to lower power consumption
For revisions under Rev2.1:
- For the Raspberry Pi, comes with Raspbian driver (works with yourRaspbian directly), and Ubuntu image
- When work as a computer monitor, touch function is unavailable
Rev2.1 New Features:
- Standard HID protocol, easy to be integrated into your system
- For the Raspberry Pi, supports Raspbian, Ubuntu, Windows 10 IoT, single touch, and driver free
- When work as a computer monitor, supports Windows 10/8.1/8/7, five-points touch, and driver free
Supported mini PC
|Raspberry Pi B||Raspbian||Raspbian|
|Raspberry Pi A+||Raspbian||Raspbian|
|Raspberry Pi B+||Raspbian||Raspbian|
|Raspberry Pi 2 Model B||Raspbian||Raspbian, Ubuntu, Windows 10 IoT|
|Banana Pi||-||Raspbian, Lubuntu|
|Banana Pro||-||Raspbian, Lubuntu|
Note : Drivers can be added to your current system to support LCD display and touch control. Images CAN NOT be used with your current system. They're stand-alone systems which support LCD display and touch control already.
- 7inch HDMI LCD (B) x 1
- HDMI cable x 1
- USB type A plug to micro B plug cable x 1
- RPi screws pack (4pcs) x 1
- DVD x 1
Weight: 0.318 kg
FAQWhy does the LCD not work with my Raspbian?
To use the LCD with the Raspberry Piofficial image, driver should be installed first. Please refer to the user manual. However, for the first testing, you may want to use our provided image directly.
Why does the LCD still not work with the Waveshare provided image?
Make sure the hardware connection is correct and connects fine. Make sure the image in TF card is burnt correctly. The PWR will keep on and the ACT will keep blinking when the Raspberry Pi starts up successfully, in case both of the two LEDs keep on,it is possible that the image was burnt incorrectly OR the TF card was in bad contact.
Which power supply should I use?
It is strongly recommended to use a stand-alone 5V/2A power adapter, because the PC's USB port might doesn't have enough power to support the Pi and LCD.
For more info, please check the wiki page.
|Part Number||Resolution||LCD Interface||Touch Panel Interface||Dimension (mm)||How you feel||Touch Panel Type||Feature|
|3.2inch RPi LCD (B)||320x240||I/O||I/O||As the Pi||** (indeed it displays something)||Resistive||Cheap|
|3.5inch RPi LCD (A)||320x480||I/O||I/O||As the Pi||*** (not bad)||Resistive||High cost performance|
|4inch RPi LCD (A)||320x480||I/O||I/O||95 x 61||**** (better enough)||Resistive||IPS screen|
|5inch HDMI LCD||800x480||HDMI||I/O||121 x 78||***** (good)||Resistive||High definition|
|5inch HDMI LCD (B)||800x480||HDMI||USB||121 x 76||***** (good)||Resistive||High definition, supports various systems|
|7inch HDMI LCD (B)||800x480||HDMI||USB||165 x 107||****** (great)||Capacitive||High definition, supports various systems|
|7inch HDMI LCD (C)||1024x600||HDMI||USB||165 x 107||******* (amazing)||Capacitive||IPS screen, Ultra high definition, supports various systems|
|10.1inch HDMI LCD||1024x600||HDMI||USB||257 x 162||******* (amazing)||Capacitive||Ultra high definition, supports various systems|
Have a look :
Note : If the LCD is intended to play videos, please choose the one with HDMI display interface for better experience.
7inch HDMI LCD (B) - 800x480
- Brand: Waveshare
- Product Code: WVSHARE-47
- Reward Points: 54
- Availability: 1
- Ex Tax: £54.95
- Price in reward points: 600