You will squeak with delight when you hold this adorable miniature LED matrix. 0.8" square, its got everything a big LED matrix has, but bite sized! 64 pure green LEDs are contained inside the plastic body, in an 8x8 matrix. There are 16 pins on the side, 8 on each, with 0.1" spacing so you can easily plug it into a breadboard with plenty of space to wire it upThese LEDs have a deeper green coloring, its a beautiful shade but the process is different than our other mini green LED matrices which makes them more expensiveSince the display is in a grid, you'll need to 1:8 multiplex control it. We suggest either using a 74HC595 and TPIC6B595 (using the 74HC' to control the 8 anodes at once and then using the TPIC' to drive one cathode at a time) or just using a single MAX7219 which will do the multiplexing work for you.The Arduino playground has a nice set of tutorials introducing the MAX7219 and 8x8 LED matrices
- Dimensions: 20mm / 0.8" x 20mm / 0.8" x 6mm / 0.23"
- Pin Length: 13.35mm / 0.5"
- Weight: 3g
- This is a Common Cathode LED Matrix
- Datasheet - We currently have LuckyLight as the supplier for this matrix. Previously we carried BetLux.
- The Arduino playground has a nice set of tutorials introducing the MAX7219 and 8x8 LED matricesUsing a high power shift register to drive 8x8 matrices with a NETduino
Miniature 0.8" 8x8 Pure Green LED Matrix 
- Brand: Adafruit
- Product Code: ADA-1624
- Reward Points: 8
- Availability: 4
- Ex Tax: £8.95
- Price in reward points: 100