The MD04 is a medium power motor driver, designed to supply power beyond that of any of the low power single chip H-Bridges that exist. Main features are ease of use and flexibility. The motor's power is controlled by Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) of the H-Bridge at a frequency of 15khz. Maximum voltage on the H-Bridge is 60v allowing Motor voltages up to 24vdc.
Control of the module can be any of:
- I2C bus, up to 8 MD04 modules at unique addresses.
- 0v-2.5-5v analog input. 0v full reverse, 2.5v center stop, 5v full forward.
- 0v-5v analog input with separate direction control
- RC mode. Controlled directly from the RC receiver output.
- PWM. A simple on board filter means you can use a 0%-100% 20khz or greater instead of analogue
- Serial communication at TTL (5V) levels
The MD04 is a medium power motor driver and is an upgraded replacement for the MD03, the main features are ease of use and flexibility.
- Voltage - 5v - 24v
- Current - up to 20A
- Control 1 - 0v - 2.5v - 5v Analogue for Reverse - Stop - Forward
- Control 2 - 0v - 5v (or PWM equiv.) with separate direction control
- Control 3 - RC Mode - Controlled by standard Radio Control system. Direct connection to RC receiver. (1mS - 2mS pulse with 1.5mS center off).
- Control 4 - I2C Interface, full control, acceleration and status reporting. Up to 8 modules on bus. SCL speed up to 1MHz
- Control 5 - Serial at 5v levels and up to 115.2k baud rate
- Current limiter - Preset at 20A
- Temperature limiter - Reduces power gracefully if module overheats
- Size - 113mm x 52mm x 30mm
- I2C bus tutor - general I2C guide
- Arduino - control using an I2C interface and display using the LCD05
- ATMEGA32 - Simple communication example
- PIC18F4410 - driving the motor and displaying variables on the LCD03
- PIC24FJ16GA002 - reading the result and displaying on a LCD03/LCD05
- Picaxe18x - I2C communication example
24V 20A H Bridge Motor Drive - MD04
- Brand: Devantech
- Product Code: DEVAN-MD04
- Reward Points: 50
- Availability: 5
- Ex Tax: £48.44
- Price in reward points: 600