DFRobot Leonardo with XBee Socket is an Arduino Leonardo variant. The Arduino Leonardo is based on the ATmega32u4 chip. Compared with the earlier Arduino controllors, the Leonardo is cheaper and simpler to use by using the ATmega32U4 as its sole microcontroller. Because the ATmega32u4 is handling the USB directly, code libraries are available which allow the board to emulate a computer keyboard, mouse, and more using the USB-HID protocol.
Based on the Arduino official Leonardo processor, this variant from DFRobot equips an XBee socket and 3 sensor extension pins for your application. The Xbee is commonly used in wireless communications with modules such as the 2.4G Zigbee or the 900Mhz version. The socket makes it possible for you to extend with XBee devices including Wifi, Bluetooth and RF modules.
The D14~D16 extension pins with power supply maximize the use of your ATmega32u4 microcontroller to support digital sensors and modules directly from the board.
Note: This board is only supported in the latest Arduino IDE 1.0.1 or later version so you should update to the latest Arduino IDE.
- Input Voltage (recommended): 7-12V
- Input Voltage (limits): 6-12V
- Microcontroller: ATmega32u4
- Operating Voltage: 5V
- Interface: Micro USB
- Compatible with Arduino R3 series pin mapping
- Directly supports XBee and XBee form factor wifi, bluetooth and RF modules
- Extend D14~D16 digital pins with 5V power supply
- Clock Speed 16 MHz
- Size: 70 x 55 x 14mm
- Microcontroller Specification
- Digital I/O Pins: 20
- PWM Channels: 7
- Analog Input Channels: 12
- DC Current per I/O Pin: 40 mA
- DC Current for 3.3V Pin: 800 mA
- Flash Memory 32 KB (ATmega32u4) of which 4 KB used by bootloader
- SRAM: 2.5 KB (ATmega32u4)
- EEPROM: 1 KB (ATmega32u4)
- DFRobot Leonardo with Xbee R3 (1 unit)
DFRduino Leonardo with XBee Socket
- Brand: DFRobot
- Product Code: DFR-DFR0221
- Reward Points: 16
- Availability: 1
- Ex Tax: £15.98
- Price in reward points: 200