Tessel 2 is a robust IoT and robotics development platform. Leverage all the libraries of Node.JS to create useful devices in minutes with Tessel.
- 2 Tessel Module ports: add sensors and actuators in one step
- 2 USB ports: use peripherals like cameras and 3G/4G dongles
- 802.11bgn Wifi: connected out of the box and wirelessly programmable
- Ethernet: an ultra-reliable, wired connection
- 580MHz Mediatek MT7620n: execute your program faster
- 64 MB DDR2 RAM & 32 MB Flash: plenty of space for your code
- 48MHz Atmel SAMD21 coprocessor: realtime I/O and better power management
- microUSB: power and tethered programming
Plug & Play Module Ecosystem
Interact with the physical world from sensing to actuation to connecting with other devices. Each module has an open source library on NPM, with instructions and tutorials available online. It's literally plug, npm install, and play.
- 10-PIN MODULES
- USB Modules
- Community-Created Modules
- Colour Sensor
High Level Hardware APIs
- Build your application in minutes
- Use your favorite text editor and libraries to program Tessel 2, just like any web development environment. Uploading new code is as easy as tessel run!
What’s changing with Tessel 2?
New features on Tessel 2 include extremely reliable WiFi, an ethernet jack, two USB ports, and a system that runs real Node.js/io.js.
We’ve also added support for scaling up: board customization options, and services for embedding Tessel in a product.
What modules are available/compatible?
Check out our modules page or those at Tessel!
How is Tessel 2 different from other development boards?
Tessel 2 is designed for the fastest possible path to production. Plug and play modules and high-level APIs set it apart from most other development boards. Tessel doesn't expect you to set up and maintain a Linux system or track down pinout diagrams to wire up sensors (though the root shell and GPIO access are available should you desire them).
Can I try out the Tessel platform?
Absolutely! You can find in-person communities hacking on Tessels on our Community page.
Can I use my own USB devices?
Yes. First-party modules will have high-level APIs and be tested to ensure driver support, but you can also add your own USB devices if the drivers are compatible and/or you dive a little deeper into the OpenWrt ecosystem.
Is Tessel a start-up?
No– in fact, we're not a company at all. Originally, Tessel was produced by a start-up called Technical Machine, but it has since grown into an independent, all-volunteer organization called the Tessel Project.
I have more questions! How can I contact you?
For quick questions, we're @tesselproject on Twitter. Longer questions are welcome on our forums.
- Brand: Tessel
- Product Code: TESSEL-MCU-V2
- Reward Points: 65
- Availability: In Stock
- Ex Tax: £65.95
- Price in reward points: 700