Taking a break
We're taking a break moving shop and hope to be back soon. We hope to start shipping orders in Nov 2018.
You will squeak with delight when you hold this adorable miniature LED matrix. 0.8" square, its got everything a big LED matrix has, but bite sized! 64 bright blue LEDs are contained inside the plastic body, in an 8x8 matrix. There are 16 pins on the side, 8 on each, with 0.1" spacing so you can easily plug it into a breadboard with plenty of space to wire it upSince the display is in a grid, you'll need to 1:8 multiplex control it. We suggest either using a 74HC595 and TPIC6B595 (using the 74HC' to control the 8 anodes at once and then using the TPIC' to drive one cathode at a time) or just using a single MAX7219 which will do the multiplexing work for you.The Arduino playground has a nice set of tutorials introducing the MAX7219 and 8x8 LED matrices
- This is a Common Cathode LED Matrix
- Weight: 2.75g
- Datasheet - We currently have LuckyLight as the supplier for this matrix. Previously we carried BetLux.
- The Arduino playground has a nice set of tutorials introducing the MAX7219 and 8x8 LED matrices
- Using a high power shift register to drive 8x8 matrices with a NETduino
Miniature 8x8 Blue LED Matrix 
- Brand: Adafruit
- Product Code: ADA-956
- Reward Points: 9
- Availability: 4
- Ex Tax: £9.95
- Price in reward points: 100