Your credit cards: gone. Bus pass and train tickets: vanished. Welcome to Near Field Communications (NFC), a contactless, Wi-Fi-lite style tech that could already be in your smartphone, and could soon be a regular feature of your commute.
Near Field Communications (NFC) is a set of short-range wireless technologies, typically requiring a distance of 10cm or less, for two devices such as smartphones or the similar things very close to each other to establish communication. Communication is also possible between a NFC device and unpowered NFC chips such as tags, stickers, key fobs and cards which do not require batteries.
The NFC Module for Arduino is designed to extend this powerful feature for your project or application based on Arduino. It integrates a PN532 NFC controller from Philips. The driver interface for this product is UART interface of the microcontroller. So it's possible for you to test it via a USB to UART converter directly. On the other hand, for the applications with microcontroller, the module provides an event for your processor when detects the NFC tags, stickers, key fobs, or cards via high speed serial uart.
- Contactless payment systems
- Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connections
- Social networking situations, such as sharing contacts, photos, videos or files
- Electronic identity documents and keycards
- Smartphone automation and NFC tags
- Working Voltage: 3.3v or 5v
- Host interface: UART
- Integrate PN532 NFC controller
- Supports ISO 14443A/MIFARE
- Supports ISO 14443B in reader/writer mode only
- Typical max operating distance for detecting NFC tags from 20 to 50mm depending on the antenna size of the tag
- Serve for contactless communication at 13.56MHz
- Size: 11cm x 5cm
- NFC Module for Arduino 1x unit
Help DFRobot improve the library!
DFRobot have this fantastic NFC module, and find that none of the existing library is good enough for this module. If you're an Arduino developer or geeker, and just happen to know something about NFC, please help DFRobot to make our Arduino NFC module better. DFRobot would like to have it supporting the NDEF protocol.
As a reward, DFRobot will give you a NFC module for free plus 50USD DFRobot shop's coupon.
If you are interested, please drop DFRobot an email ([email protected])
NFC Module for Arduino (13.56MHz)
- Brand: DFRobot
- Product Code: DFR-DFR0231
- Reward Points: 13
- Availability: 7
- Ex Tax: £13.15
- Price in reward points: 200
- 5 or more £15.95