NFC is a popular wireless technology - we often hear from smart phone companies such as Samsung or HTC introducing their latest high-end phones supporting NFC. Near field communication (NFC) is a set of standards for smart phones and similar devices to establish radio communication with each other by touching them together or bringing them into close proximity, usually no more than a few centimeters.
For electronics geeks, we also want to use NFC technology to make our own things. This PN532 NFC RFID Module v3 is built around NXP PN532. The PN532 is very popular in NFC circles.
The IO pins of NXP532 are broken out on this module. If users want to use another interface such as UART or SPI, this module also makes it easy to connect those pins.
- Small dimension and easy to embed into your project
- Supports I2C, SPI and HSU (High Speed UART), easy to change between those modes
- Support RFID reading and writing, P2P communication with peers, NFC with Android phone
- RFID reader/writer supports:
- Mifare 1k, 4k, Ultralight, and DesFire cards
- ISO/IEC 14443-4 cards such as CD97BX, CD light, Desfire, P5CN072 (SMX)
- Innovision Jewel cards such as IRT5001 card
- FeliCa cards such as RCS_860 and RCS_854
- Up to 5cm~7cm reading distance
- On-board level shifter, Standard 5V TTL for I2C and UART, 3.3V TTL SPI
- Arduino compatible, plug in and play with our shield
Read/write RFID card
As basic function, this module reads and writes a RFID card. Various cards are supported.
Libraries for Arduino are available.
Two peer PN532 modules communicating with each other wirelessly.
NFC with Andriod Phone
Basic communication with Andriod Phones (NFC supported) is available.
- PN532 NFC RFID Module x1
PN532 NFC RFID Module v3
- Brand: Elechouse
- Product Code: EHOUSE-WIRELESS-NFC-PN532-PCB
- Reward Points: 11
- Availability: Out Of Stock
- Ex Tax: £11.95
- Price in reward points: 200