Taking a break
We're taking a break moving shop and hope to be back soon. We hope to start shipping orders in Nov 2018.
The compact (0.5" x 0.7") D24V10F5 synchronous buck voltage regulator takes an input voltage of up to 36 V and efficiently reduces it to 5 V while allowing for a maximum output current of 1 A. This regulator offers typical efficiencies between 85% and 90% and has a very low dropout, so it can be used with input voltages as low as a few hundred millivolts above 5 V. The pins have a 0.1 spacing, making this board compatible with standard solderless breadboards and perfboards.
The D24V10Fx family of step-down voltage regulators features the Intersil ISL85410 1A synchronous buck regulator and generates lower output voltages from input voltages as high as 36 V. They are switching regulators (also called switched-mode power supplies (SMPS) or DC-to-DC converters) with typical efficiencies between 80% and 93%, which is much more efficient than linear voltage regulators, especially when the difference between the input and output voltage is large. These regulators have a power-save mode that activates at light loads and a low quiescent (no load) current draw, which make them well suited for applications that are run from a battery. These regulators are available in five different fixed output voltages:
The different versions of this regulator all look very similar, so the bottom silkscreen includes a blank space where you can add your own distinguishing marks or labels.
The SHDN pin can be used to put the board in a low-power state that reduces the quiescent current to approximately 10 A to 20 A per volt on VIN, and a PG (power good) output can be used to monitor the state of the regulator’s output voltage.
The regulators feature short-circuit/over-current protection, and thermal shutdown helps prevent damage from overheating. The boards do not have reverse-voltage protection.
If you do not need quite as much current, consider the very similar D24V5Fx family of step-down voltage regulators, which can deliver up to 500 mA in a wide range of output voltages:
- Input voltage: [output voltage + dropout voltage] to 36 V (see below for more information on dropout voltage)
- Fixed 3.3 V, 5 V, 6 V, 9 V, or 12 V output (depending on regulator version) with 4% accuracy
- Maximum output current: 1 A
- Typical efficiency of 80% to 93%
- 500 kHz switching frequency (when not in power-save mode)
- 2 ms soft-start reduces in-rush current on power-up
- 200 μA typical no-load quiescent current
- Integrated over-temperature and over-current shutoff
- Small size: 0.7" x 0.5" x 0.14" (18 x 13 x 3.5 mm)
- Product Wiki
- Intersil ISL85410 regulator datasheet
- Pololu 1A Step-Down Voltage Regulator D24V10Fx schematic diagram: Schematic diagram for the Pololu D24V10Fx family of 1 A step-down voltage regulators.
- Drill guide for Pololu 1A Step-Down Voltage Regulator D24V10Fx: This DXF drawing shows the locations of all of the board’s holes.
- 3D-printed mecanum wheel rover: One of our forum members, gchristopher, posted about his 3D-printed mecanum wheel rover. The rover uses our D24V10F5 5V regulator and some of our...
- Raspberry Pi Solar Tracker: Jay Doscher posted on his blog at Polyideas.com about his 2-axis solar tracker designed to provide the optimal amount of power output with a...
- New products: D24V10Fx 1 A step-down voltage regulators: Weâve just released a new family of D24V10Fx step-down voltage regulators. These buck regulators are very similar to the D24V5Fx regulator family we...
5V, 1A Step-Down Voltage Regulator D24V10F5 
- Brand: Pololu
- Product Code: POL-2831
- Reward Points: 8
- Availability: 4
- Ex Tax: £8.35
- Price in reward points: 100