Taking a break
We're taking a break moving shop and hope to be back soon. We hope to start shipping orders in Nov 2018.
The Pololu basic 2-channel relay carrier modules allow simple, independent control of two single-pole, double-throw (SPDT) switches from low-voltage, low-current control signals. This item includes the basic carrier PCB with two soldered-in 5 V relays, 5.0 mm terminal blocks for the switch connections, and straight 0.1" male header for the control connections. The included power relays are Omron G5LE-14-DC5 and are rated for up to 10 A under most conditions.
The Pololu basic 2-channel relay carrier modules make it easy to control two single-pole, double-throw (SPDT) switches independently from low-voltage, low-current control signals. The modules are available with 5 V and 12 V power relays - Omron G5LE-14-DC5 and G5LE-14-DC12 (1MB pdf), respectively.
The carrier board routes the relay control pins to 0.1-spaced pins compatible with standard solderless breadboads and female servo cable connectors. The assembled version of this board has all seven control pins populated with 0.1" straight male headers while the partial kit version includes 25x 1 straight and 15x 1 right angle 0.1" male header strips that can optionally be broken into pieces and soldered in. The relay switch pins are routed to a set of large pads intended for use with two 3-pin 5mm-pitch terminal blocks and a set of smaller pads with a 0.2 pitch, making them compatible with 0.1 perfboards. The assembled version of this board has the terminal blocks soldered to these pins while the partial kit version includes 6-pin terminal blocks that can be optionally soldered in. The carrier board has four mounting holes that work with #4 or M3 screws.
Advantages over similar products
- Compact layout
- LEDs to indicate coil actuation
- Zener diodes for fast current decay on relay coils
- Specification of electrical routing clearance rules on relay switch nodes
- Product Wiki
- Pololu basic 2-channel SPDT relay carrier schematic diagram: Printable schematic diagram for the Pololu basic 2-channel SPDT relay carrier.
- Omron G5LE single-pole 10A power relay datasheet
- BSS138 N-channel MOSFET datasheet
- Basic 2-Channel SPDT Relay Carrier for “Sugar Cube” Relays drill guide: This DXF drawing shows the locations of all of the board’s holes.
- Troubled Child, a full-size autonomous vehicle: The folks from SHARC have converted a Jeep into an autonomous robot for SparkFunâs annual Autonomous Vehicle Competition that took place last...
Basic 2-Channel SPDT Relay Carrier with 5VDC Relays (Assembled) 
- Brand: Pololu
- Product Code: POL-2485
- Reward Points: 11
- Availability: 5
- Ex Tax: £11.95
- Price in reward points: 200