Taking a break
We're taking a break moving shop and hope to be back soon. We hope to start shipping orders in Nov 2018.
The Pololu basic relay carrier modules allow simple control of a single-pole, double-throw (SPDT) switch from low-voltage, low-current control signals. This item includes the basic carrier PCB with a soldered-in 5 V relay, 5.0 mm terminal blocks for the switch connections, and straight 0.1" male header for the control connections. The included power relay is an Omron G5LE-14-DC5 and is rated for up to 10 A under most conditions.
The Pololu basic relay carrier modules make it easy to control a single-pole, double-throw (SPDT) switch from low-voltage, low-current control signals. The modules are available with 5 V and 12 V power relays - Omron G5LE-14-DC5 and G5LE-14-DC12 (1MB pdf), respectively.
The carrier board is available without the relay or connectors for those preferring to use their own relays that have the common “sugar cube” pinout and footprint.
The carrier board routes the three relay control pins to 0.1-spaced pins compatible with standard solderless breadboads and female servo cable connectors. The assembled version of this board has a 0.1" straight male header soldered to these pins while the partial kit version includes 8x 1 straight and right angle 0.1" male header strips that can optionally be broken into 3x 1 pieces and soldered in. The relay switch pins are routed to a set of large pads intended for use with a 3-pin 5mm-pitch terminal block and a set of smaller pads with a 0.2 pitch, making them compatible with 0.1" perfboards.
The assembled version of this board has a terminal block soldered to these pins while the partial kit version includes a 3-pin terminal block that can be optionally soldered in. The carrier board has four mounting holes that work with #2 or M2 screws.
Advantages over similar products
- Compact layout
- Two LEDs to indicate coil actuation
- Zener diode for fast current decay on relay coil
- Specification of electrical routing clearance rules on relay switch nodes
- Product Wiki
- Pololu basic SPDT relay carrier schematic diagram: Printable schematic diagram for the Pololu basic SPDT relay carrier.
- Omron G5LE single-pole 10A power relay datasheet
- BSS138 N-channel MOSFET datasheet
- Basic SPDT Relay Carrier for “Sugar Cube” Relays drill guide: This DXF drawing shows the locations of all of the board’s holes.
- Pololu relay module used in custom ESP8266-based plant watering system: Forum user LuisLabMO posted about his WiFi-controlled plant watering and monitoring system. The system uses SparkFunâs Blynk ESP8266 board to...
Basic SPDT Relay Carrier with 5VDC Relay (Assembled) 
- Brand: Pololu
- Product Code: POL-2480
- Reward Points: 7
- Availability: 1
- Ex Tax: £7.95
- Price in reward points: 100