This simple board breaks out all five pins of a USB Micro-B connector to a 0.1" pin spacing that is compatible with standard perfboards, solderless breadboards, and 0.1" connectors.
This board breaks out the VBUS, GND, D-, D+, and ID pins of a USB Micro-B connector. The VBUS and GND pins can be used to power your project from USB, while the D- and D+ pins give you access to the USB differential data signals. Each of these pins, along with the ID pin, are broken out into a 15 row of 0.1-spaced pins on the board. The included 15 straight male header can be soldered to these pins to allow the board to be used with standard perfboards, solderless breadboards, and 0.1" connectors.
This tiny unit measures only 0.35" x 0.6" (0.4" x 0.6" including its USB Micro-B connector) and has two 0.086" diameter semi-circular cutouts for mounting with #2 or M2 screws.
Also available from Pololu are a USB Mini-B connector breakout board, and they have two power muxes that double as USB Micro-B breakout boards: the FPF1320 carrier and the TPS2113A carrier. These latter two power multiplexers make it easy to have a device that can be powered from both USB and an external supply.
Compared to the original (usb04b) version of our USB Micro-B Connector Breakout Board, this version has deeper edge cutouts to allow it to be mounted more securely, and it is slightly shorter but wider (0.4" x 0.6" compared to 0.44" x 0.5", including the connector). See this product’s dimension diagram (204k pdf) for more details.
- Product Wiki
- Dimension diagram of the USB Micro-B Connector Breakout Board
- Drill guide for the USB Micro-B Connector Breakout Board: This DXF drawing shows the locations of all of the board’s holes.
- New version of our USB Micro-B breakout: Weâve updated our USB Micro-B Connector Breakout Board with some minor improvements that should make it a little nicer to work with. On the original...
USB Micro-B Connector Breakout Board 
- Brand: Pololu
- Product Code: POL-2586
- Reward Points: 3
- Availability: Out Of Stock
- Ex Tax: £3.65
- Price in reward points: 100