Taking a break
We're taking a break moving shop and hope to be back soon. We hope to start shipping orders in Nov 2018.
This synchronous switching step-down (or buck) regulator takes an input voltage of up to 40 V and efficiently reduces it to 7.5 V with an available output current of around 15 A. Typical efficiencies of 80% to 95% along with its high current capabilities make this regulator well suited for powering large loads. The regulator features reverse voltage protection and a power-good output that indicates when the regulator cannot adequately maintain the output voltage.
The D24V150Fx family of step-down voltage regulators are high-current synchronous switching regulators that generate lower output voltages from input voltages as high as 40 V. These types of regulators are also known as switched-mode power supplies (SMPS) or DC-to-DC converters, and they are much more efficient than linear voltage regulators, especially when the difference between the input and output voltage is large. In particular, the D24V150Fx family of regulators have typical efficiencies of 80% to 95%, depending on factors like input voltage, output voltage, and load.
These regulators have an instantaneous current limit of approximately 32 A, but they are limited in the long term to much lower currents by power dissipation and the corresponding temperature rise that induces in the board. The regulators can typically support continuous output currents between 5 A and 20 A without additional cooling (such as with a heat sink or forced airflow), depending on the input voltage and output voltage. In general, the available output current is a little higher for the lower-voltage versions than it is for the higher-voltage versions, and it decreases as the input voltage increases. See the Typical efficiency and output current section at the bottom of this page for more details.
These regulators have a typical quiescent (no load) current draw of around 100 mA, and an enable pin can be used to put the boards in a low-power state that reduces the quiescent current to approximately 5 A to 10 A per volt on VIN.
During normal operation, this product can get hot enough to burn you. Even with very light loads, the regulator can run very hot if the input voltage is high, and the higher the input voltage the hotter the regulator will run. Take care when handling this product or other components connected to it.
The modules have built-in reverse-voltage protection, short-circuit protection, a thermal shutdown feature that helps prevent damage from overheating, and a soft-start feature that reduces inrush current. They also feature undervoltage lockout that disables the regulator if the input voltage falls below about 3.5 V.
The different voltage versions of this regulator all look very similar, so you should consider adding your own distinguishing marks or labels if you will be working simultaneously with multiple versions. A white box is provided on the bottom silkscreen of the regulator to make labeling easier. This product page applies to all versions of the D24V150Fx family.
- Input voltage:
- 4.5 V to 40 V for the version that outputs 3.3 V
- [output voltage + dropout voltage] to 40 V for output voltages of 5 V and higher (see below for more information on dropout voltage)
- Fixed 3.3 V, 5 V, 6 V, 7.5 V, 9 V, or 12 V output (depending on regulator version) with 4% accuracy
- Typical maximum continuous output current between 5 A and 20 A
- Typical efficiency of 80% to 95%, depending on input voltage, output voltage, and load
- Integrated reverse-voltage protection, over-current protection, over-temperature shutoff, undervoltage lockout, and soft-start
- Typical no-load quiescent current of 100 mA ; this can be reduced to approximately 5 A to 10 A per volt on VIN by disabling the board
- “Power good” output indicates when the regulator cannot adequately maintain the output voltage
- Compact size: 1.7 × 1.25 × 0.43 (43.2 mm × 31.8 mm × 11 mm)
- Four 0.086 mounting holes for #2 or M2 screws
- Product Wiki
- Drill guide for the D24V150Fx Step-Down Voltage Regulators: This DXF drawing shows the locations of all of the board’s holes.
- Dimension diagram for the D24V150Fx Step-Down Voltage Regulators
- 3D model for the D24V150Fx Step-Down Voltage Regulators
- New D24V150Fx 15A step-down voltage regulator family â our highest-power regulators yet!: I am excited to announce that we just released our highest power regulators ever. The new D24V150Fx family of step-down regulators includes units...
7.5V, 15A Step-Down Voltage Regulator D24V150F7 
- Brand: Pololu
- Product Code: POL-2883
- Reward Points: 36
- Availability: 1
- Ex Tax: £36.95
- Price in reward points: 400