Taking a break
We're taking a break and will be back soon. We will ship orders on 2017-07-03.
Witty Pi 2 is the new generation of Witty Pi, which adds RTC and power management to your Raspberry Pi, and can define complex ON/OFF sequence with simple script.
SImply install software on your Raspberry Pi to use this device.
- Single tap on the button to gracefully turn on/off Raspberry Pi.
- After shutdown, the power for Raspberry Pi and all its USB peripherals are fully cut.
- Raspberry Pi knows the correct time, even without accessing the Internet.
- You can schedule the startup/shutdown of your Raspberry Pi.
- You can even write a script to define complex ON/OFF sequence.
Comparing to the old Witty Pi, Witty Pi 2 uses much better RTC chip (DS3231SN), which only has <160 seconds error per year. Also this RTC chip has temperature sensor built-in, so you can read the temperature around your Raspberry Pi via the software. The new “dummy load” feature is very useful when you use power bank as power supply, it will draw peak current with certain interval, and keep your power bank alive.
Witty Pi 2 supports all Raspberry Pi models with 40-pin header, including A+, B+, 2B, Zero and 3B.
- Dimension: 65mm x 56mm x 19mm
- Weight: 24g (net weight without battery)
- LED Indicator: A white LED
- Connector: 40-pin stackable header
- Battery: CR2032 or CR2025 (for time keeping)
- Power In: DC 5V (via micro USB or XH2.54 connector)
- Output Current: Maximum 3A for Raspberry Pi and its peripherals
- Static Current: -1mA in average with dummy load off (default); -15mA in average with dummy load on
- Operating Temperature: -30℃~80℃ (-22°F~176°F)
- Storage Temperature: -40℃~85℃ (-40°F~185°F)
- Humidity: 0~80%RH, no condensing
- Witty Pi 2 board x 1
- CR2032 battery x 1
- M2.5 x 11mm Copper Standoff x 4
- M2.5 screws x 8
- User Manual
- Use Witty Pi 2 to Build Solar Powered Time Lapse Camera
- Bat Pi 2: realtime batdetector with WLAN
The Software for Witty Pi 2 is written with Bash (Unix shell), and there is also a GUI application available (requires QT 5).
The source code is public on Github: https://github.com/uugear/Witty-Pi-2
To install the software, just run these two commands:
pi@raspberrypi ~ $ wget http://www.uugear.com/repo/WittyPi2/installWittyPi.sh
pi@raspberrypi ~ $ sudo sh installWittyPi.sh
After the installation is done, reboot your Raspberry Pi and you are set.
To launch the Witty Pi utility, just run these commands:
pi@raspberrypi ~ $ cd wittyPi
pi@raspberrypi ~/wittyPi $ sudo ./wittyPi.sh
Witty Pi 2: Realtime Clock and Power Management for Raspberry Pi
- Brand: UUGear
- Product Code: UUGEAR-WITTY_PI_2
- Reward Points: 28
- Availability: Out Of Stock
- Ex Tax: £28.95
- Price in reward points: 300