Taking a break
We're taking a break moving shop and hope to be back soon. We hope to start shipping orders in Nov 2018.
Based on users' feedback over the past few months. We have produced a Bluetooth LE Beacon specially engineered for Location Based Services (LBS). RedBear Beacon is a dedicated beacon device and does not support BLE Mini or third party firmware; its firmware will not be open sourced and has proprietary iBeacon and LBS features.
Refer to MiniBeacon (iBeacon for BLE Mini) for open source alternative.
- Compatible with iBeacon™
- Support Android 4.3 or later
- Configurable to suit your Apps
- Bluetooth SIG Qualified
- No Overhype
- Over-the-Air Firmware Upgradable
Bluetooth SIG End Product Listing (EPL)
From Official Bluetooth SIG Member Website
"Consumers can verify that the manufacturers have fully met the requirements of qualification and be better assured of interoperability with other Bluetooth enabled products. If shipping your product, having your product listed on the EPL will indicate to customs officials that the product is genuine and meets both the requirements of qualification and trademark licensing, preventing the product from being destroyed by customs." (view source)
Up to 50 meters range and 4500 hours of battery life
You may have read other vendors could achieve longer range and better battery life, we urge to verify their claims.
- Longer range means more power consumption
- A typical beacon will consume 0.2mA current on average; it will have around 1.5 months 24x7 operational life if it is powered by a CR2032 coin cell battery
- Our RedBear Beacon B1 runs on two triple-A batteries, which has 5 times the battery life of a single CR2032 battery
Bluetooth LE Beacon - Evolving Technology
We will provide firmware upgrade when new specification/standard is released. You will be able to upgrade the firmware in your RedBear Beacons over-the-air via Bluetooth LE.
Apple and iBeacon are trademarks of Apple Inc.
1. Password Protection - user must enter the correct password before any changes could be made.
2. Battery Level Broadcasting - reading is available within the broadcasting data and user can turn off this feature.
Existing B1 users could upgrade their beacons to new firmware via Bluetooth LE using our BeaconTool App for iOS; we have submitted the App for approval.
Beacon Configuration App
RedBear Beacon Model B1
B1 will enter broadcasting mode at startup, by default the green LED is ON. It will broadcast Beacon signal periodically.
You can switch B1 to maintenance mode by pressing the button on the front, the LED will turn to Red.
Quick Customization Guide
|B1 Quick Start Guide|
RedBear Beacon B1 (iBeacon)
- Brand: Red Bear Lab
- Product Code: REDBEAR-BEACON-B1
- Reward Points: 29
- Availability: 3
- Ex Tax: £28.24
- Price in reward points: 300