Taking a break
We're taking a break and will be back soon. We will ship orders on 2017-07-03.
Thermocouples are very sensitive, requiring a good amplifier with a cold-compensation reference, as well as calculations to handle any non-linearities. For a long time we've suggested our MAX31855K breakout, which works great but is only for K-type thermocouples. Now we're happy to offer a great new thermocouple amplifier/converter that can handle just about any type of thermocouple, and even has the ability to give you notification when the temperature goes out of range, or a fault occurs. Very fancy!
This breakout does everything for you, and can be easily interfaced with any microcontroller, even one without an analog input. This breakout board has the chip itself, a 3.3V regulator and level shifting circuitry, all assembled and tested. Comes with a 2 pin terminal block (for connecting to the thermocouple) and pin header (to plug into any breadboard or perfboard). We even added inline resistors and a filter capacitor on-board for better stability, as recommended by Maxim. Goes great with our 1m K-type thermocouple or any other thermocouple, really!
- Works with any K, J, N, R, S, T, E, or B type thermocouple
- -210°C to +1800°C output in 0.0078125° resolution - note that many thermocouples have about ±2°C to ±6°C accuracy or worse depending on the temperature and type, so the resolution will be a lot better than the accuracy!
- Internal temperature reading
- 3.3 to 5v power supply and logic level compliant!
- SPI data requires any 4 digital I/O pins
Please note: this does not include a thermocouple!
- EagleCAD PCB files, datasheets, Fritzing object and more in the tutorial!
- Product Dimensions: 25.0mm x 22.0mm x 3.0mm / 1.0" x 0.9" x 0.1"
- Product Weight: 3.5g / 0.1oz
Adafruit MAX31856 Universal Thermocouple Amplifier
Now you can handle any kind of thermocouple!
Universal Thermocouple Amplifier MAX31856 Breakout 
- Brand: Adafruit
- Product Code: ADA-3263
- Reward Points: 18
- Availability: 1
- Ex Tax: £18.95
- Price in reward points: 200