Sometimes a simple analog control device can be the perfect tactile solution for your project, but they can be surprisingly hard to come by. Luckily we've found a low cost, quality PSP 3000 2-Axis Analog Thumb Joystick to fulfill your directional analog input needs!
This is a replacement component for the PSP 3000, but we think they'd make for a great little joystick/thumbstick add-on for a wearable, or portable project. It's similar to this other version, but has a cable for connecting rather than direct-solder
The joystick is a 'self-centering' analog-type. That means it basically acts like two 10K potentiometers, one for up/down and another for left/right. It has a built-in flex cable that can plug right into a fine pitch (0.5mm) connector. The four pins connect to power, ground and then two analog outputs. As the joystick is moved around, the voltage will follow the motion. When you release the joystick it will center itself.
- For a tutorial on how to read analog joysticks, check out this Arduino tutorial - it can easily be extended to any microcontroller!
- Product Dimensions: 44.1mm x 18.6mm x 11.7mm / 1.7" x 0.7" x 0.5"
- Product Weight: 1.8g / 0.1oz
PSP 3000 2-Axis Analog Thumb Joystick 
- Brand: Adafruit
- Product Code: ADA-3103
- Reward Points: 6
- Availability: Out Of Stock
- Ex Tax: £6.45
- Price in reward points: 100