Taking a break
We're taking a break moving shop and hope to be back soon. We will ship orders on 2018-07-25.
Details5inch HDMI LCD (B) + Clear case
- 800x480 high resolution
- Resistive touch control
- Supports Raspberry Pi, comes with Raspbian driver (works with yourRaspbian directly), and Ubuntu image
- Supports Banana Pi / Banana Pro, comes with Lubuntu, Raspbian images
- Supports BB Black, comes with Angstrom image
- For other mini-PCs, driver is required and should be developed by users
- Not only for mini-PCs, it can work as a computer monitor just like any other general HDMI screen (touch function is unavailable in this case)
- HDMI interface for displaying, USB interface for touch control
- Back light control to lower power consumption
More info : 5inch HDMI LCD (B)
- Material : high quality clear Acrylic
- Comes with bottom holder, optional tilt angle, 45 or 60
- Features mounting holes for Raspberry Pi B/A+/B+/2B, Banana Pro
More info : Clear Case for 5inch LCD Type B
Supported mini PC
|mini PC||Case Support||LCD Driver||LCD Image|
|Raspberry Pi B||✓||Raspbian||Raspbian|
|Raspberry Pi A+||✓||Raspbian||Raspbian|
|Raspberry Pi B+||✓||Raspbian||Raspbian|
|Raspberry Pi 2 Model B||✓||Raspbian||Raspbian, Ubuntu|
|Banana Pi||x||-||Raspbian, Lubuntu|
|Banana Pro||✓||-||Raspbian, Lubuntu|
Note : Drivers can be added to your current systemto support LCD display and touch control.Images CAN NOT be used with your current system. They're stand-alone systems which support LCD display and touch control already.
- 5inch HDMI LCD (B) x 1
- HDMI cable x 1
- Touch pen x 1
- USB type A plug to micro B plug cable x 1
- RPi LCD screws pack (4pcs) x 1
- DVD x 1
- Clear Case for 5inch LCD Type B x 1
- Screws Pack x 1
Weight: 0.27 kg
FAQWhy does the LCD not work with my Raspbian?
To use the LCD with the Raspberry Piofficial image, driver should be installed first. Please refer to the user manual. However, for the first testing, you may want to use our provided image directly.
Why does the LCD still not work with the Waveshare provided image?
Make sure the hardware connection is correct and connects fine. Make sure the image in TF card is burnt correctly. The PWR will keep on and the ACT will keep blinking when the Raspberry Pi starts up successfully, in case both of the two LEDs keep on,it is possible that the image was burnt incorrectly OR the TF card was in bad contact.
Which power supply should I use?
It is strongly recommended to use a stand-alone 5V/2A power adapter, because the PC's USB port might doesn't have enough power to support the Pi and LCD.
For more info, please check the wiki page.
|Part Number||Resolution||LCD Interface||Touch Panel Interface||Dimension (mm)||How you feel||Touch Panel Type||Feature|
|3.2inch RPi LCD (B)||320x240||I/O||I/O||As the Pi||** (indeed it displays something)||Resistive||Cheap|
|3.5inch RPi LCD (A)||320x480||I/O||I/O||As the Pi||*** (not bad)||Resistive||High cost performance|
|4inch RPi LCD (A)||320x480||I/O||I/O||95 x 61||**** (better enough)||Resistive||IPS screen|
|5inch HDMI LCD||800x480||HDMI||I/O||121 x 78||***** (good)||Resistive||High definition|
|5inch HDMI LCD (B)||800x480||HDMI||USB||121 x 76||***** (good)||Resistive||High definition, supports various systems|
|7inch HDMI LCD (B)||800x480||HDMI||USB||165 x 107||****** (great)||Capacitive||High definition, supports various systems|
|7inch HDMI LCD (C)||1024x600||HDMI||USB||165 x 107||******* (amazing)||Capacitive||IPS screen, Ultra high definition, supports various systems|
|10.1inch HDMI LCD||1024x600||HDMI||USB||257 x 162||******* (amazing)||Capacitive||Ultra high definition, supports various systems|
Have a look :
Note : If the LCD is intended to play videos, please choose the one with HDMI display interface for better experience.
5 inch HDMI LCD (B) + Clear case
- Brand: Waveshare
- Product Code: WVSHARE-45
- Reward Points: 46
- Availability: 1
- Ex Tax: £46.15
- Price in reward points: 500